DEATH MENTAL ILLNESS
A DIRTY WEBZINE VERSION OF DISCARNAGE FANZINE
THE TOMB FOR UGLY AND FILTHY OLD DEATH METAL
NOT FOR THE WIMPS

Critical Madness : CORPSEREAPER "Rehearsal" / Tape

I heard and know about the existence of Corpsereaper from DARAHHEAD Zine, issue 2 around six years ago. The band was hailing from Kuantan, Pahang, Malaysia and not so much information that I managed digging about the existence of the band right now, the latest news that I got, is some of the old lineup of the band reform another bands which some of you might know about it's. Corpsereaper was lead by Rizal  (voc/guitar), Man (bass) and Black (drum) and this rehearsal tape contained 3 song which I thought the proof the band still existing and festering on my local dods-scenes and also there are two version of tape cover for this releases. 

I've nothing problem to dwell with the production seem like they have plan to record this tape live under the raw 'funeral' of studio. This is a very primitive releases in term of sound production, the way the band delivered the old feel of demo tape and I thought it's very good to keep this releases on my collection and I'm just loved all the raw, filthy and harsh sound that coming out from this tape.

"Morbid Thrash Hammer" open up with the low and brutality riffing on this rehearsal tape, by the way I can barely hear some people talked on the end of the track, Ha! This is why I liked very much all the live recording styles, without proper mixing and it's just like fresh meat on the first hand for you. "Darkside Possessor" is give some straight-forward song direction with the evil-grimly sounding riffing and the slower oriented from the song just give me a moment to breath. And to make it's more interesting, the last song from the rehearsal tape, "Brutal Ritual" have two phase of structure which they're played. The heavy-poundead riffing with the old school vibe style and the mid-tempo beat end this tape pretty good to me. 

Maybe some of you will not like this releases, unless you're one of those guys that loves early period of underground releases, the raw and noisy taste of sound production and low fi death/thrash (black) then you should listen to Corpsereaper, this is will be you happy boneyard moment and this rehearsal  tape has some of the old production feels and I totally enjoy as a fan of old underground style release which I think is hardly to find any band has delivered this kind of method and style nowdays.  


DEATH METAL